Saturday, September 17, 2011

Travel Season

Ahhh, I'm a couple weeks into my busiest season at work. The weeks are flying by, goodbyes are being said to summer interns, and the luggage has been pulled out. I'm excited, elated, nervous, and anxious all at the same time.

I returned from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign last Friday, a little doozy of a 3 day trip. The mid-west has some funky weather. My body decided it already had enough and I fought my first head-cold of the season. Fun.

There are some new features on blogspot, which I was very happy to discover and add. I hope to spend more time writing in snapshots and posting more. Although, the goal right now is to spend less time writing other things, when I should be focusing on finishing the edits on Violet Storm.

It's such a painful process, I can't even tell you. My how-to books have been eye-opening experiences and I'm continuously learning about the art and craft of writing. It's certainly not easy. Even when you feel like you're a natural. It's disheartening at times, but mostly it's challenging and rewarding.

I'm off to Toronto, Canada on Monday to visit the University of Waterloo and then U of Toronto, staying the weekend to enjoy the city. It's not snow season yet, so the trip will be amazing.

The edits on Violet Storm are coming along. I'm up to chapter 3 now. It's morphing into something I can't believe actually came from me. I don't know if I've ever felt this proud about anything I've ever done. More to come!

I've added Chapters 1 and 2 into their own separate pages, so you can review my editorial progress.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Shoot me a message below!

ShareThis