Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A New Hope For the New Year




Ahhh...

I've disappeared the past few weeks. A lot has happened since the last post!
I received VIOLET STORM back from my developmental editor who emailed me the following:

"You have HUGE talent.  Truly.  I just loved, loved this book!...let's go make you a published author in 2012!"


No seriously...


She said this. 


Ahhh!!!


Yeah, I was screaming for a while--doing the whole jazzercise-like routine, with my legs pumping up and down. My manuscript arrived last week on Thursday, and since then, I've been working like a mad-woman on the final edits. 


So where have I been? On cloud nine, that's where. 


If there's anything I can impart in today's blog, it's commitment. Our priest emphasized this in his sermon on Christmas morning, and it struck me. I'm motivated, sure. I'm driven, definitely. But I realized, that it takes more than that. It takes, as the priest said, commitment. Without it, I don't think we truly understand our priorities. Not that we don't know what they are, but that we don't always align them appropriately. And sometimes laziness gets the best of us. I know where my commitments/priorities are, and getting published sure makes it up to the top five of my list. Some days, it makes it all the way up to number two. 


Okay, before this gets too long, just wanted to share with you all the good news. I hope to get the second draft back to my editor within another week's time. You bet your @$$ I'm getting published! And that's not because my head blew up to the size of a watermelon, but because I'm committed


A big thanks to the people who've helped me this year: my amazing Willow Glen writer's group, my cousins Chanelle, and Cela, and Chris (who always gives me the hours I need in the days where there are always too few).


P.S. Chris got me a Nikon D3100 camera kit for Christmas. Another scream-fest ensued. Check out some of the amazing photos below!

Below: My cat Twinkie


Below: And that's Twinkie's big butt :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Shoot me a message below!

ShareThis