Sunday, March 16, 2014

Thrive on the Power of Teamwork

Just a few of the people who've helped me along the way and to whom I owe a great big THANKS to just for being who they are. 

"[We] thrive on the power of teamwork and win-win dependencies that enable everyone to achieve their goals" ~Guerrilla Marketing for Writers 
I didn't think I would enjoy the journey of self-publishing as much as I do this very moment. It's been a grueling several weeks: researching, editing, writing, marketing, and executing. And it's not over yet. But it isn't so much the the work and the fulfillment of completing each task or reaching another milestone: it is the opportunity to work with so many others. To pave a future where we can continue to support each other, no matter the endeavor.

I've had the chance to meet some amazing people. To force my introverted self come out of its delicate shell and have lunch with people I have never met, have coffee with old acquaintances, be a guinea pig for projects, and work with various types of artists. I've read more blogs than I have in years, networked with fellow writers, and laughed over fond memories with new and old pals.

Having worked in the corporate world, these "meetings" or activities aren't uncommon. But what makes them unique is that it's coming from a very different place. A place much more timid and much more vulnerable.

I have enjoyed every moment of it. Everyone has an amazing story to tell, and it's been so much fun reading them and hearing them all. And I enjoy knowing that these relationships are long-lasting. That there is opportunity to work together again in the future, whether it be my project or theirs. I very much look forward to helping all the people who have supported me, cheered me on, and helped in some form or other to keep me sane,  and feeling loved and secure.

This post is a simple thank you to every single new and old friend I have made along this journey, (which I find to be inadequate because I just can't express my gratitude enough).

To those on the journey to pursuing their dreams, courage is never further than a call away. A friend is waiting to answer.

Happy dreaming,




10 comments:

  1. I love the pic collage you put together! It's a very neat idea to celebrate the people who've helped you along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leandra! I am very excited to celebrate with all these great friends.
      If you'd like to use the app for the collage, you can try it out here for free: http://www.fotor.com/features/collage.html

      Delete
  2. Great post! I hope you find many more people to add to your collage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meradeth! Speaking of adding more people to the collage, I'd love to work with you on any projects in the future! You let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

      Delete
    2. I'll be sure to keep that in mind! And if you ever want another place to spread the word or anything like that, just let me know!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Meradeth! I would love to take you on that offer :) (big hug!)

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love your positive outlook! Being able to see the good, and the learning opportunities, in difficult things is a huge skill. Thank you for inspiring me to get out there more, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liz! I definitely try to stay positive, despite the times when the stress can get so intense all I want to do is crawl under a rock and sleep until it's all over. Good luck with the A to Z challenge! I'll have to come up with a theme so I too can participate. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay! It's definitely and adventure, eh? Here's to the brave individuals who take the plunge and throw off all the safety ropes! May we develop wings and take to flight. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely! I can toast a drink to that! ;)

      Delete

I love comments! Shoot me a message below!

ShareThis