Monday, April 7, 2014

VS Character Lookbook: Karth

I wanted to do something different today inspired by one of my new favorite blogs, Sasha & Em. Sasha & Em are avid readers and reviewers of all the latest YA books. 
Check them out!

Here is a character inspired look for Karth, from my novel, Violet Storm.
Karth is one of the unwilling heroes in the novel. He's brash, insulting, and way too moody to be allowed to own as many knives as he does. But even to Aeva, there is no denying the appeal of the green-eyed City-Blood.

------
He stares back at me, grumbling something about “girls being stupid.” But he removes the cowl over his head and pulls down the cloth covering his nose and mouth, revealing a smooth, stone-like face. His black, shoulder-length hair flies in the gusty wind, a sharp contrast to his fair complexion. We stare at each other until I look away, uncomfortable with the way his green-gold gaze sharpens when he concentrates on my face. Shame fills me. Between the two of us, I’m the one whose face should be hidden, sparing people from the ugliness. He, on the other hand…
“Feel better now?” he asks. “Thought I might have been the grim reaper come to collect?”



























Like the look? The clothes and accessories can be found on Fabrixquare.






17 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued. Quite. Love the little excerpt. Off to check out your reviewer friends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo fun! What a great idea for a post. And I agree with Crystal- the except is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It was so much fun to come up with the outfit. There could be a "Karth" out there right now wearing this outfit. Hah!

      Delete
  3. Great snippet. Love the visual inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Now when I get to that place in the book, I'm going to now exactly how to picture Karth. =) Also, what did you use to get your pics all together like that, collage-like? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leandra! Thanks for stopping by! Oddly enough, I used Powerpoint. Made it quick and simple to move the photos around to my liking. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who looks for a wardrobe for my characters. Glad to meet a fellow sci fi writer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David, thanks for stopping by! LOL this was my first time looking for actual wardrobe, which considering VS will be a series, helps so much for future reference. Wish I'd done it sooner! :)

      Delete
  6. Okay, this is very cool! I'm definitely going to have to try it for my characters :) And that snippet--so very awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Thanks Meradeth. It was loads of fun, albeit I wasn't sure if I was fashion-savvy enough to do it well, but it does help to get a better idea of the character!

      Delete
  7. Love it! I'll have to look into buy Mr. B some of those pants! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sash and Em! They definitely look stylish and comfy ;)

      Delete

I love comments! Shoot me a message below!

ShareThis