Sunday, July 27, 2014

Life & Writing + A VIDEO Interview!

Life has been hectic lately. The first week of July led to some pretty big changes in my life that pulled me away from writing. I don't mind these writing breaks like I used to. Some things in life take precedence and I can't get upset over the time I have to spend on important matters in life like health, happiness, love, and real-life adventures.

In the first week of July I moved into a new apartment, started a new job, said goodbye to amazing friends at my old job, and got a tiny kitten named, Fitz. It's amazing how all these "fun" new changes in life can turn out to be some of the most mind-numbingly, stressful events that only time and unrealistic amounts of optimism and patience can get you through.

July is finally coming to an end and with it, some much needed calm. I'm going to need it with a September full of back-to-back work travel and a VIOLET STORM marketing blitz. I've pulled out SNOW DOLLS and have begun writing daily again. To all the fans of VIOLET STORM, I stand by my promise that I'll get to work on the second book, CRIMSON EARTH once SD is in the hands of my editor.

I've received overwhelming positive reviews and feedback on VIOLET STORM and it truly warms my heart and feeds my creative soul. Thank you to everyone for all your tremendous support and encouragement. Big hugs and shout out to all the people who've been spreading the word and encouraging their family and friends to check out the book!

Here are a couple updates I'm pretty excited about!


EDITORIAL REVIEWS: 

  • "Violet Storm is a delightful read and well worth the effort. I devoured it in one sitting and have since recommended it to many friends and coworkers. I can't wait for the next book in the series to be released, I'm sure I will love it just as much!" -San Francisco Book Reviews (Star Rating: 4 out of 5 stars)

EVENTS: 

OTHE FUN NEWS:

  • I'm pretty excited for the half-page flyers designer, Jason Rought is working on this week in preparation for the upcoming marketing initiatives I'm working on. I'll share them with you soon!
  • The Author Interview I did a few months back with my good friend Anthony Lew is back in the works! We'd love to show you segments of the interview focusing on specific topics. Today's topic is Discovering Writing, Part I. 
  • Check back on my Facebook Page to catch a new segment daily! 


Here's a photo of our new digs at sunset! Breathtaking!


And meet our little guy, Fitzwilliam Darcy--Fitz for short. ;)

23 comments:

  1. What a lovely kitty! I once had a grey cat named Fizz. =) Great video- I too decided to start writing b/c of Stephenie Meyer. After I finished Breaking Dawn I decided I was going to sit down and write a book. And I did! And it too was not very good. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! A grey cat named, Fizz? What a coincidence! :) It's always that first one that gets the ball rolling. We have to proud of it nonetheless--but yeah, I'd rather keep it buried and just work on new stories. Hah!

      Delete
    2. Your new digs photo wasn't showing up the first time I visited- but I can see it now! That is totally breathtaking! *jealous* And yes, being proud should totally happen. Because you wrote a book. And not a lot of people can say that!

      Delete
    3. Oh yes! I noticed that the other day. Looks like it's because my Instagram account is "private". I'll have to create an author profile one of these days. Love the new digs, definitely encourages me to be outside quite a bit! :)

      Delete
  2. Fitz is SO adorable! And your digs look awesome :) I hope things are going well, and congrats on all your awesome reviews! I can't wait for Crimson Earth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meradeth! :) Finally settling into the new apartment and it feels great. BTW Almost finished reading Surrender the Sky and I applaud you for this awesome world you've built! :D

      Delete
    2. Aww, thanks! Glad to hear you're getting settled! I hate moving, but it's such a relief to get settled in :)

      Delete
  3. Cute kitten.
    Sounds like you have a lot coming up this fall. I'm glad I don't do a lot of physical stuff when it comes to promoting my books. Not very good at it anyway.
    Congratulations on the great reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! :) And I too am not very good at promoting my book. But I hear it's something "I have to do." So I sort of pretend that I like it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Whew! Moving can be so disruptive, eh? We're coming up on move #2 here and I'm attempting to be productive in the meantime. Yay to your marketing blitz! I hope it's all kinds of epic and covered in cheese. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness! Good luck on your upcoming move. I can't believe it's been four weeks and yet it still feels like it was yesterday. There's a lot of work left to be done, but I'm glad things have mostly calmed down. And thanks for the encouraging words, cheese is the first thing on my to-indulge list--along with a couple bottles of wine. ;)

      Delete
    2. That works for me. We're supposed to have family staying with us only 1.5 weeks after we move into our new house. I'm just prepping myself for the inferno of unpacking. Whew!

      Delete
    3. Oh my goodness! You're going to be unpacking AND hosting family. :D Sounds like it's going to be an adventure. Rest up now...and stock up on a bonanza of cheese. ;)

      Delete
  5. OMG FITZ IS SO CUTE. He's so cute I lost everything else I was going to comment about, because he's too cute for me to think about anything else.

    Ok. Trying.

    Ah yes!! Congrats on all of that great feedback! That's amazing. And your new digs look like a castle!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you Liz! He sure is adorable. I love the little monster!

      Delete
  6. Oh wow. That sunset picture is amazing. I want to live there! Lots of author events coming up for you. I'm glad mine are over. I'm too much of an introvert for all that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! Yeah, lots of upcoming events. It gets me super anxious just thinking about it. I've been told it's something I can't escape. Hah! I have much to learn from you!!

      Delete
  7. Your kitty is adorable! Congrats on the reviews and good luck on all your upcoming events.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on all of the wonderful things happening in your life right now, Anna... new apartment, new job and a fantastic review from San Francisco Book Reviews! Good luck at your author event and book signing. Those are always fun=)
    Sometimes, life's obstacles leave me no choice but to put writing and social media on hold. But it's those times which remind us how precious life really is. Breaks are needed every now and then. I'm still learning how to balance everything but one thing is for sure... I no longer want to burn myself out while juggling two brands.
    It's so nice to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, Gina! Breaks are great. I read of a full-time author the other day who makes an effort to take months off. We're supposed to love it and have fun with it, after all! It can't be fun when we make it a chore or a job. :)

      Delete
  9. Just checking - yup, Fitz is still absurdly cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Awww, yes, he is definitely cute. BUT, and I mean a really big but...he can be a terror. It's like having a child! :( Haha, there's goes my mornings of being able to sleep in.

      Delete

I love comments! Shoot me a message below!

ShareThis