Saturday, November 29, 2014

New Website! + Nine Lives Foundation




Lots of really great things are happening that I'm excited to update everyone on. First, is my new website. My blog exists on blogger as "If You Wish to be A Writer" - www.ifyouwishtobeawriter.blogspot.com (as it has for the last five or so years). I had used Blogger as my primary author website for some time until I could gather the time and resources to build a proper website. Now if you click on www.annasoliveres.com you'll find yourself in my new author website! Yay! I am so very excited to launch this and I believe it does a better job providing information on me and my books.

The next awesome news is that I have decided to spread the gift of giving this season by donating a portion of the sales of Violet Storm to a worthy cause: Nine Lives Foundation, an amazing community-based non-profit in my neighborhood. Why Nine Lives Foundation? Well, it's no secret that I love animals. Back before finding Fitz (my suspected demon-possessed kitty), I knew I wanted to adopt a kitten from a shelter. Nine Lives Foundation was recommended to me by a friend because it was a no-kill shelter (they even care for older, unwanted cats with illnesses). They are determined to care for cats and kittens, and protect them from high-kill shelters and at-risk situations. Nine Lives Foundation does not receive any funding from any local, city, or state government agency or major corporation, and relies solely on private donations, adoption fees and funds generated through the clinic. All donations go directly to the cats and kittens in their facility.

Because I am so passionate about their mission, I am determined to support them. All the books sold between now and the end of December will qualify, and I will personally match the donation (thereby doubling the amount). Please help me in this endeavor and give the gift of reading this holiday season by getting Violet Storm for that special book-lover in your life.

Purchase options: 

Updates on the next book(s):
  • Snow Dolls Working super hard to get the first draft polished for my beta readers. I've had to extend the timeline of completion to early next year. The world of Illumera and the practice of  Purification is very complex and I want to make sure I've done the story and the characters justice! 
  • Crimson Earth - With the delay of Snow Dolls, I'm pushing out out the next Modi novel's completion to end of next year. I've begun plotting and mapping out scenes so there's definitely progress and work being done to get this lined up for next year. 

Feel free to share this banner to help spread the word!

24 comments:

  1. Still really looking forward to Snow Dolls! Am glad to hear you're working hard on it. I know this is way ahead but any ideas on what you'll have for the front cover of that book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shay! We're throwing around some ideas for Snow Dolls. I'm so excited. Lots of opportunity to get creative. I'm going to query it to agents and attempt the more traditional publishing route first--we'll see where things land!

      Delete
  2. I love the new site! I want to do that eventually too, have a .com(if just looks so much nicer than the long blogspot.com address) site, w/a blog page, so that I can still keep it w/Blogger. Good to hear your updates, glad you're trucking along. And so nice of you to donate your proceeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leandra! Yeah, it took me a while to decide on what to do about a personal website. I bought a domain from GoDaddy (which was on sale) and built the website using Wix. Check it out sometime and feel free to ping me if you have any questions! :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your website! It looks amazing!! And I love what you're doing with Nine Lives--that's seriously wonderful of you. Can't wait for your next books, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meradeth! :) It was a labor of love.

      Delete
  4. omg I will be d/ling! love your cover, and I am cat obsessed! I lost my beautiful Pudding (she would have been 21 last week) in August, and after swearing I could never love again I went straight to the shelter on Aug 11th, three days after Pudding passed. I was set on an older cat but wound up falling in love with this beautiful grayish black and white tabby 10 week old kitten--I named her Penny Belle and she is my life! I'm amazed anyone actually follows me on twitter with the amount of pics of Penny I tweet. ha. what a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! Great to meet you and thanks for stopping by! So sorry to hear about Pudding. :( But I think it's great that you got a kitten who I'm sure has helped you through the loss and healing! My kitten is just about as tough to train and definitely challenges me to stay patient (and sane). Hah! I'll check out your Twitter to see pics of Penny. :)

      Delete
  5. I love your new website. It's beautiful!!! I'm going to have to redo mine. I feel inspired by seeing how classy and elegant yours looks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so nice of you to donate to a shelter, especially if that shelter takes care of older and ill pets. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I've got the biggest soft spot for animals. And this shelter is amazing. I am excited to support them. :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats, Anna!!! The new site is gorgeous - very sleek, professional, and easy to navigate.

    I love that you are donating to Nine Lives. It sounds like a great organization, very much deserving (and probably needing) our help. And it's the perfect time of year to do it. I really respect that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice site! I've been thinking of websites but I'm such a clutz in that area I'm going to have to hire someone to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! :) I was soooo tempted to hire someone to do it. :( Maybe I'll do a blog showing how I created it on Wix.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the new website, and I commend you for your selfless love for animals. I share that feeling.
    Best,
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! :) I'm a sucker for animals. They can bring so much joy and life to people and just need the chance to find a good home.

      Delete
  10. Your new author site is pretty!!! And good luck with your upcoming projects :) I know I've had worldbuilding slow me down many times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Genissa! The world building is sooooo challenging. So many aspects to keep track of. Just the reminder has me sighing. But what an amazing feeling being able to wrap it all together.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on your new website, Anna. I love it!
    I wish you the best of luck with all of your writing. Hoping you can get everything you wish accomplished.
    I think it's such a great cause you are contributing to. We rescued our first cat two months ago from an abuser and the streets. She is GORGEOUS... black which is my favorite. I named her Luna.
    My boyfriend volunteers at our local shelter every weekend. We both donate to various animal organizations because we truly believe in saving the lives of these amazing creatures. I'm hoping we can rescue another one when Luna is more settled here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pets have such a way of bringing people together! I love that your boyfriend volunteers at your local shelter - something I've wanted to do for a long time. What a happy story for little Luna!! And that's the perfect name for her. LOL Makes me think of Sailor Moon's, Luna.

      Delete
  12. That is wonderful news, Anna! Donating part of the sales you got from Violet Storm to the Nine Lives Foundation is very generous and kind of you. Also, launching your new website will let a lot of your followers interact with you and your work a lot easier. I completely agree that it will do a better job in providing more info about you and your books. Anyway, congratulations and more power to you! :)

    Laverne Mitchell @ Digital Sales Development

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laverne! :) It was so fun to be a part of. We ended up getting a kitten from the shelter!!

      Delete

I love comments! Shoot me a message below!

ShareThis