Friday, November 20, 2015

5 Creative Podcasts Worth Following

I have a thirty to forty minute commute in the mornings and evenings. I can't listen to the radio anymore without feeling peeved for one reason or another. I tried audio-books but my mind wanders a little more than I like. So for the past year, I've been listening to Podcasts, looking for inspirational gems, educational and entrepreneurial discussions, most of which revolve around creative endeavors. I learn something new every day!


Here are my top five: 


  • Creative Warriors - by Jeff Shaw
    • Creative Warriors is a twice weekly series of inspiring, motivating, and informative podcasts with today's greatest thought-leaders. Geared specifically for creative entrepreneurs, Creative Warriors is aptly named as Jeff believes that being in business doing what you feel you are meant to do in life is an true act of bravery. Putting yourself out in the world, sharing your talents, your creative thinking, and making the world a better place. It takes a warrior spirit of balance and inner strength.

  • The Accidental Creative - by Todd Henry
    • Where do great ideas come from? For creative pros, the pressure continues to mount to produce better work, faster. We live in a create-on-demand world. The Accidental Creative podcast shares how to build practical, everyday practices that help you stay prolific, brilliant and healthy in life and work. Host Todd Henry (author of the books The Accidental Creative, Die Empty, and Louder Than Words) interviews artists, authors and business leaders such as Seth Godin, David Allen, and Steven Pressfield, and offers tips for how to thrive in life and work. 


  • 99% Invisible
    • 99% Invisible is a tiny radio show about design, architecture & the 99% invisible activity that shapes our world.  Each episode is a sound-rich deep dive into a single topic. With more than 3 million downloads per month, we routinely rank in the top 10 arts podcasts and top 20 podcasts overall in iTunes.


  • The Introvert Entrepreneur - by Beth Buelow
    • Launched in 2010 and hosted by Beth Buelow, ACC, the podcast is a lively space for conversation, learning, and sharing. Through interviews and discussions, we’ll talk about business and life from an introvert perspective, providing resources, advice, and inspiration.




  • The School of Greatness - by Lewis Howes
    • Lewis Howes is an author, Lifestyle Entrepreneur, former pro athlete and world record holder in football. The goal of the School of Greatness is to share inspiring stories from the most brilliant business minds, world class athletes and influential celebrities on the planet; to help you find out what makes great people great.



There are a few others I listen to: Criminal and Serial as well. Just because I love juicy mysteries. 

Check them out and let me know what you think! Are there any other podcasts that you would recommend? 


5 comments:

  1. Great idea. I have a short commute, so I just get to listen to a couple of songs, but these are definitely worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next season of Serial sounds like a snoozefest to me. I'm not really into that sort of thing. I like stories more like their first season. I'll check criminal out! I'm addicted to the Missing Maura Murray podcast but I'm all caught up, so now it's just all about waiting for the next episode to drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I've never really tried podcasts. I think I'm not hip enough to really get them, ha ha. I keep meaning to give them a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done podcasts, but they sound like helpful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm so far behind on my podcasts right now but I'll have to add these to my list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Shoot me a message below!

ShareThis