Sunday, October 30, 2016

Back with New Releases and Writerly Musings!

I cringe at the thought of how long it's been since my last post. Why the disappearing act? Well...

Have you ever pushed yourself to accomplish something with all your heart and soul, giving up your social life, Netflix, sleep, and proper nourishment, only to end up hating said work? That's exactly what happened to me.

I literally, could not stand to talk about Crimson Earth, the second novel in the Modi Trilogy. And what a shame, because I sacrificed months out of my life--my sanity--to meet this goal. I had it in my head to finish, and so I did. And when it was done. I was done. I was so sick, I wanted to walk away from writing. After eight years of being so passionate, so isolated, I wanted to leave it behind me and discover Anna 2.0. Because how--how is this healthy? Putting in so much work for what? I questioned all of it.

Then two months ago, I got the bug. It wouldn't leave me. I suddenly realized that this is who I am supposed to be. The picture of my future was the same, just painted differently than I how I thought it was going to be.

So I started writing again. To alleviate the pressure, I focused on one of my more fun projects: a short story Urban Fantasy series I've been working on intermittently for the past five years, titled, "Code Name: Ghost." The bug grew, and I began toying with the idea of publishing it as some of my writer friends recommended.

So here I am. Back at it.

On Monday, October 31st, after a long hiatus, I'm releasing five episodes in three e-books. To both new and early readers of the series, you'll be delighted to know I've edited, revised, and expanded the first episodes, so they're more in line with my current skills as a writer. I'm proud to say that I've grown so much over the last five years, and couldn't be more proud of this body of work.

Thank you for joining me on this journey.


Code Name Ghost - Episode 1 & 2


Meet the uniquely gifted Assassin, Emily Newcastle. Her last job turns out to be the first in a slew of battles as she faces off against monsters known as Deviants. 




Code Name Ghost - Episode 3 & 4

Emily Newcastle tracks down the organization determined to kill her, and identifies the man behind it all. To get to him, she must face off against some of the most powerful Deviants on Earth. Her choices have devastating consequences. 


Code Name Ghost - Episode 5

Nearly retired Assassin, Emily Newcastle is close to tying all the loose ends of her past life, when she is lured by a Deviant willing to share not just his knowledge, but his power. There is, of course, something he needs in return.


Where to purchase? 

All e-books are available for purchase in your favorite online stores: 
Google Play, iBooks, Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and more! 

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're back at it and that it's enjoyable again! We missed seeing you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna! Welcome back!
    You don't want it to take over your life, but you do need some satisfaction after so much sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I literally don't even blog anymore. My blog still sits there and I tidy it every now and again but I feel like I've abandoned it. I'm also too proud of it to delete it though! Perhaps it will burst to life when needed??
    But glad you're at it again.
    OOh and can I ask, will you still be writing Snowdolls?? Was it even called snowdolls? Or did I just make that up? lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Shoot me a message below!

ShareThis